I get often asked for tips on becoming more present in day-to-day life. I used to be a person that lived in my head continuously, looking externally for answers instead of looking into my own inner wisdom for answers. As I became more present in day-to-day life and interactions with people, I noticed I was looking for answers externally. Instead, I was more in tune with my heart, my intuition which was where I held my true desires on how I wanted to live my life.
Answer the following questions:
- How do you want to feel when you wake-up in the morning?
- How do you want to feel as a mum?
- How do you want to feel when you go to bed at night?
- How do you want to feel everyday in your life?
- How do you want to spend every moment?
- How would it feel to be more present in your life?
- What would change in your life if you were more present?
Now, in order to become more present in your day-to-day life, you need to understand how you want to feel. If you want to feel more present, you need to do regular practices that will help ground you to become present. You can’t get stuck into the stories, especially driven by the ego. The ego will always try to control situations and get you unstuck. You need to tune into your heart by bringing your awareness to your heart chakra.
My favourite way to get present is to ground through my feet, I bring my awareness and attention to the inside of the soles of my feet. I keep bringing my awareness until I feel the tingling sensation, which is just energy moving through your body to the soles of your feet. You can direct this energy to anywhere in your body by bringing your awareness and attention to that body part.
Tips on applying this practice in a everday basis:
- Set an alarm on your phone every hour to remind you to bring your awareness and attention to your feet
- Have the word present throughout your house and workplace to remind you
- Create a vision board with the word present and images that represent the word
How would your life be different if you became more present in your life? What would change? Post a comment in the comments below and also how you will bring this to life in your own life to become more present.